A Montessori Teacher's Thoughts on Waldorf Education

Photo of Lisa's son and his buddy inside the sculpture of a hand, as tots

As a Montessori 3-6 and 6-9 trained teacher, I have a lot of respect for Waldorf education, even though I was drawn to (fell in love with!) Montessori at a young age (23). And as a Montessori teacher, I have recommended it for a few children (usually two students per year) who were graduating from our 3-6 classroom, because I (we) felt it was a better choice for those particular children. Their interests, or should I say passions, were not with the Montessori materials, and certainly not academics like phonics and simple math, but instead, they loved arts, crafts, practical life, the outdoors, and botany.

One of the attributes I like about Waldorf is... Keep reading at my NEW blog!

Photo by Lisa Nolan